In 2010, we launched our women’s initiative, GROW, in an effort to attract, retain, educate and support the women of the firm.
GROW, which stands for Growth in Relationships and Opportunities for Women, gives the firm a vehicle to advance women into the leadership ranks of the organization.
GROW focuses on 5 key programs:
- Keynote Speaker Series – Periodically, notable females such as Kim Ng of the Dodgers, Major League Baseball’s first female Assistant General Manager, are invited to speak and share their experiences and wisdom with associates and business partners.
- Mentoring Program – Select women associates are partnered with senior leaders in the company to undergo a formal, months-long mentoring program.
- Educational Symposiums – Educational symposiums address issues like professional development, juggling work and motherhood and more.
- Social Events – Offering not only an opportunity to network with fellow women, these events focus on raising awareness on behalf of local women’s charities and non-profit organizations.
- INSPIRE Mentor Groups – To foster greater collaboration and knowledge sharing among women in the firm, smaller INSPIRE peer-mentoring groups have been formed. Consisting of 8-10 women in each group, participants in the groups meet to discuss current topics and challenges, and brainstorm on ways to address these challenges.
Related Blog Posts